Organizations/Missionaries interested in benevolence funding from First Presbyterian Church should contact Mike Crout, Missions Coordinator at email@example.com or (615) 298-9593.
- Organizations/Missionaries currently receiving benevolence funding are invited each summer to submit a funding request for the next calendar year.
- Other Organizations/Missionaries that make inquiry mid-year may be added to the list to receive an invitation at the same time as those funded in the current calendar year; additions are subject to funds availability.
- Written submission by the Organization/Missionary is required along with selected supporting documentation.
- In-person interviews may be required as determined by the relevant Committee.
- When all submissions have been received and interviews completed, the Committees rank the submission according to the Organization’s/Missionary’s ability to fulfill the objectives of our Church’s mission statement.
- Each fall the Missions Council assembles and approves the requests of the various Mission Committees to submit to the Church’s Finance Committee and, finally, to the Session for approval/modification.
- Benevolence funding is typically disbursed in December of each award year.